Capoeira Angola: Projeto Legado
“Capoeira de Angola can only be taught without forcing the person’s natural expression. The important thing is to take advantage of the free and individual movements of each person."
Are you looking for a class that not only gets your kids moving but also gives them the tools to create social change? Projeto Legado is a safe space for learning an active art and turning it into a tool for social/emotional transformation and development.
- Building physical and emotional equilibrium
- Art as a device for storytelling
- Developing a collective culture
- Non-violent conflict resolution
- Creating a safe space for play
Filipino Martial Arts: Elite Sticks
All the empowering and engaging elements of the Filipino martial arts in a curriculum tempered and designed specifically for young people. Elite Sticks is a great forum for building camaraderie while developing relevant self defense practices and the right mentality to navigate conflicts effectively and thoughtfully.
- Concrete and practical skill building
- Developing a practice of conflict transformation
- Cultural arts as a device for storytelling
- Creative expression through collaboration